Ahhhh. FINALS WEEK is approaching.... Doom is about to approach. I haven't had any time to cook and have been eating out or precooked foods from my freezer. I went to sleep at 6am today and got woken up at 9am by the fire alarm because some idiot in my apartment burned his soup and then proceeded to open the front door, which caused the whole apartment's fire alarm to be set off.
Tilapia is on sale at Ralphs for 1.70/lb. Surprisingly, one fillet was only 80 cents! This week shall be fish week for me as I prep for finals. I heard fish is brain food ^_^.
I decided to experiment a little today because the fish was so cheap. No picture today because I got back at 9:30 pm and was very very hungry.
Tilapia with Cheese Topping
2 Tilapia fillet (I got 1/2 lb)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
5 White mushrooms
1 tbs Dijon mustard
1 tsp Thyme powder
1 tsp Paprika
Salt and pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven for 375F
2. Dice onion
3. Dice mushrooms and cook in butter until cooked state
4. Put cheese, lemon juice, mustard, thyme, paprika, mushroom, salt and pepper in one bowl
5. Blend in food processor or mix together
6. Wash and pat fish dry.
7. Oil up fish and salt and pepper
7. Place mixture on top of the fish
1. Put fish on aluminum foil and sheet pan
2. Pour white wine over the fish fillets (about 1/4 cup)
2. Put fish in the oven for 10 minutes on middle rack
3. Move fish to the top rack and broil at 475F for 2 minutes or until flaky state and the cheese is browned (means its done)
Results of my mad creation!
1. Needs a balance to the mustard, such as mayo
2. Different cheese should be used such as mozzarella
3. Garlic should be used ... too bad I didn't have any :(
4. Pretty good and filling, yet not the best thing I've made. Tasted normal like something I would order from a chain restaurant like Red Lobster.
Well off to do my lab reports yay! Civil engineer fun time!