Friday, March 26, 2010

Chicken and Bacon Ravioli

After going through a long day of work, I was going to make lasagna for my friend, Cynthia, but I found out that I did not have a baking dish : (. As a result, I rolled out my pasta dough to make ravioli. Spring break is coming to a close -_-. I guess it shall be back to my studies of a civil engineer. While I was making my pasta dough, I was already thinking about the structural integrity of my flour well, and how well it can support the pressures exerted by the eggs and my mixing motion.

Chicken and Bacon Ravioli

Ingredients
Filling
1 Chicken breast
5 slabs Bacon
1/2 cup Ricotta cheese
1 tbs Maple agave syrup
Salt and pepper

Ravioli
Filling from above
Egg wash

Directionals of filling
1. Finely chop or ground the chicken
2. Add oil in a pan and cook the bacon
3. Remove and pat the bacon dry and finely chop
4. Add chicken in the same pan with minimal salt and pepper
5. Remove chicken and mix all the filling ingredients together.

Directionals for wrapping
1. Roll dough into a very thin sheet
2. Square off the sheet
3. On one half of the sheet, spoon 1 tbs of filling evenly spaced across the length of the sheet
4. Brush non-filling area with egg wash
5. Fold the pasta over in half and press down on the edge
6. Use a knife or pasta roller to cut the ravioli squares
7. In a pot of boiling water, cook for 7-10 minutes.

The ravioli is done! Now add your favorite sauce. I used a red wine balsamic sauce. This sauce complemented nicely with a nice sweet and tangy taste. Well time to enjoy the rest of my spring break watching more anime ^_^.


No comments:

Post a Comment