Watching the LA Marathon at the finish line was awesome! Man, those elite runners are fast! I was also amazed at how many people ran the marathon. I think that I'll start training for next year's marathon because I gotta say, it is quite an accomplishment.
In addition to handing out fliers today, I got several boxes of cheese and some free Naked Coconut Juice because they were giving them away at the marathon along with several other items. For the next few days, I'll think about what I am going to do with 5 lbs of cheddar cheese.
As for today's menu, I made fresh fettuccine noodles and Alfredo sauce with bacon and chicken. Quite a delicious and filling meal, but the bacon does add a bit of saltiness to the dish.
Fettuccine Chicken Alfredo
1/2 lb Fettuccine pasta
5 slabs Bacon
1 Chicken breast
3 Cloves garlic (crushed and sliced)
1 cup Milk
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Romano cheese
2 tbs Butter
1/2 cup White wine
Salt and pepper (salt use only a little)
Corn starch (for coating)
1. Make the fresh pasta
2. Cube chicken
3. Coat chicken in corn starch, salt, and pepper
4. Mix the cheese together with a some pepper
Cooking the meats
1. In a pan with some olive oil, cook the bacon until crispy (Note: I pan cooked it for 5 minutes and stuck it into a small oven for another 5 minuets)
2. With the same oil throw in the chicken and toss until most of the sides are white (3 minutes)
3. Put in enough white wine to cover 1/2 of the chicken and cover
4. Cook covered for 5 minutes
5. Remove chicken into a bowl
Cooking noodles (5-7 minutes)
1. While the chicken is cooking begin boiling, salted water in another pot
2. Throw in the pasta when you are ready to make the sauce
Cooking sauce (5 minutes)
1. In the pan that cooked the chicken, use the residue in the pan (white wine mostly)
2. Turn heat on low and stir in the butter until all incorporated
3. Stir and add the milk and garlic
4. Wait for a simmer (not full on boiling!)
5. Add in cheese 1 tsp at a time and stir with a whisk rapidly
6. Add in enough cheese to thick sauce consistency and bring to a boiling simmer
7. Strain sauce in a mesh strainer and transfer to a bowl
Combining everything together!
1. Dice the bacon
2. Combine sauce, bacon, chicken, and salt (if necessary) in a bowl
3. Toss in the noodles and serve
Enjoy! On a side note ... I feel that spring break is going to be really short : (.