Wednesday, March 24, 2010

BBQ Chicken Pizza Bagel

As stated in my previous post, "Plain Bagel Recipe", my friend, David, suggested making a pizza bagel place. I came up with making a BBQ chicken pizza bagel because that is my favorite type of pizza in America. I have also made my own BBQ sauce, but I am not going to share that until I have consistently made it; so far, I have been getting different results for my BBQ sauce. With whatever tools you have, this is really simple.

BBQ Chicken Pizza Bagel



Ingredients
1 Chicken breast
6 Bagels of choice (heck ... you can even go with chocolate chip, though I don't guarantee it will taste good)
2 cup BBQ sauce (set aside 1 cup for marinating the chicken)
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
2 Carrots
1/2 Red onion
1 batch Cilantro

Prep work
1. Dice onion
2. Chop cilantro
3. Shred the carrots into thin strips

Chicken preparation
1. Chop the chicken into 1/2 cm (tiny) pieces
2. Marinate in BBQ sauce
3. Put chicken in baking tray and bake for 10 minutes at 350F

Assembly
1. Cut the bagel in half
2. Spread BBQ sauce over the bagel
3. Top with onion, carrots, and chicken
4. Add the cheese
5. Broil in a small toaster oven or your big oven on high for 2 minutes or until cheese melts
6. Garnish with cilantro

Enjoy this bagel pizza. This is absolutely delicious. I am still wondering why no one has started the pizza bagel trend yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment