Friday, February 26, 2010

Red Snapper with Beurre Blanc Sauce

Another Friday! Time for a fun filled weekend ...
Not! I have several reports due next week, and I desire to finish them early. As for cooking, this week has been quite busy, so I find Friday the only time I can actually cook.

I went to Ralphs and purchased Pacific red snapper because it was on sale. One fillet was only $1.60! I should consume more seafood often. When I got back to my apartment, I had the idea that I should poach the snapper and conjure up a beurre blanc sauce. Just like how the French do it, or how Julia Child would. Because I had some leftover mushrooms and basil, I decided to add my own twist to the sauce.

Red Snapper with Beurre Blanc Sauce



Ingredients
1 fillet Red Snapper
5 Mushrooms
1/2 Brown onion
1/4 Lemon
1 cup White wine (split)
2 tbs Butter
2 Garlic cloves
3 or 4 Basil leaves
Salt and pepper

Preparation for swimming with fishes
1. Slice mushrooms thiny
2. Slice brown onion
3. Cut lemon wedge
4. Pat fillet dry
5. Salt and pepper fish
6. Smash garlic and peel

Poaching instructions
1. Add some oil ( I use butter) in a pan
2. Add onions until translucent
3. Line the fish fillet on top of the onions
4. Add 1/2 cup (more or less) white wine until it covers the fish
5. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side

Sauce instructions
1. Add oil (I used butter), mushrooms, and garlic; cook until soft
2. Add in lemon and 1/2 cup white wine in a sauce pan
3. Reduce 3/4 of the liquid
4. Turn heat on low and add in the butter
5. Stir quickly until butter is incorporated as a sauce-like consistency
6. Shred basil into the sauce
7. Pour sauce on top of the fillet

Voila and Bon Appetite! I served mine with asparagus beacuse it also tastes good with asparagus!

No comments:

Post a Comment