It's Thursday... That means another day at work and studying for finals along with finishing up projects. I found that I would never use up the eggs and cheese I bought awhile ago. Thus, I proceeded to create a cheese souffle. Not much to say today, though I did start watching this anime called Welcome to the NHK and found out how much of a hikamaru I am...
Parmesan Cheese Souffle
Yes it is in a cup....
100 g Parmesan cheese
4 eggs (separated)
1 cup Milk
2 tbs Butter
85 g Panko breadcrumbs
1 dash of Mustard
Salt and pepper
Preparation of cheesiness
1. If the cheese is not grated finely use a knife to cut it into tiny pieces ( I had shredded cheese)
2. Separate the eggs
3. Melt the butter
4. Warm the milk to lukewarm
5. Butter the dish you desire to put it in (oven safe dish!)
6. Preheat oven for 350F
7. Heat up some water for a water bath (put water in a larger pan than baking dish)
*This is a water bath http://www.bookofjoe.com/images/1130179948809.jpg
1. Mix breadcrumbs, butter, milk, egg yolks (one at a time while stirring fast), mustard, and dash of salt and pepper
2. Beat the egg whites until peaks are stiff
3. Fold egg whites into the mixture of step 1. (Do this quickly until barely all of it is incorporated)
4. Fold in cheese
5. Dump into oven safe dish
6. Put dish on top of water bath
7. Put it on the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the top is nice and puffy and brown.
I would suggest making a blackberry or berry type sauce to put on top of this souffle, but that will be saved for another day.
Turned out to be nice and crispy shell with a nice soft inside.. so delicious!