Monday, March 15, 2010

Mahi Mahi Marinated in Lemon and Dill

The worst of my finals are over now. I have only one final left and that is my structures final; a subject that I am good at doing. Since my final is on Thursday, I decided to cook some mahi mahi in order to stiulate brain activity because I hear that fish is good for the brain.

Mahi Mahi Marinated in Lemon and Dill



Ingredients

1 Mahi mahi fillet
1/2 Lemon (the juice)
1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
2 Garlic cloves (chopped)
1 tbs Dill
Salt and pepper

Prepwork
1. Throw and mix all the ingredients together
2. Marinate for more than one hour

Cooking

Option 1 (The Grill)
Grill the Mahi Mahi for five minutes on each side

Option 2 (The Oven)
1. Preheat the oven at 350F
2. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until fish is flaky

Sauce (optional)
The fish is pretty good alone, but I think a sauce is good too

Ingredients
1/4 cup white wine
1 tbs Butter
1 Clove Garlic
Salt ande Pepper

Cooking Direction
1. Heat up oil in a pan and add garlic until browned
2. Add in white wine and reduce 2/3 of the liquid
3. Turn heat to low and add butter
4. Mix quickly and reduce until sauce-like consistency
5. Salt and pepper to taste
6. Add with the fish and enjoy

I ate the fish with kale. I think I am one of the rare people in the world that eat kale because I never see people buying it at Ralphs.

Anyways, I'm off to study my other final now. To my readers, I'll be back soon!

1 comment:

  1. my parents would totally love you if you cooked this for them. they like mahi mahi a lot.

    ReplyDelete