Man, I love fish! It was once again on sale at Ralphs. I got 3 fillets for $1.50. You might say it sounds fishy about that price, but the fish tasted excellent and was fresh. On my little break from studying, I made orange sauce and poached two fillets with white wine.
I have dinner for 12 strangers later, so I might post what I had for dinner depending on what they make for us ^_^.
Tilapia with Orange Sauce
Ingredients for fish
2 Tilapia fillets
1/2 cup White wine (or enough to barely cover the fish for poaching)
Salt and pepper
How to cook the fish
1. Oil a pan and sear fillets for 20 seconds each side
2. Salt and pepper the fish while your doing the searing
3. Add in white wine and turn heat on low so it is simmering
4. Cook until flaky (About 10 minutes)
5. Make sauce while fish is cooking
Ingredients for orange sauce
1 tbs Orange zest (I took the zest from the entire orange)
2 tbs Butter
1/4 cup White wine
1 tbs Sugar
1 tsp Ginger (1/2 in of ginger)
1 Green onion (for garnish, about 2 inches)
1. Julienne ginger and green onion
2. Zest the orange (should be about 1 tbs) set aside tsp for garnish
3. Squeeze all the juice from the orange
Creating the sauce
1. Add in orange juice in sauce pan until boiling/simmering
2. Add in sugar, zest, ginger and stir and reduce to 1/2
3. Add in white wine and reduce 2/3 liquid
4. Turn heat on low and add butter and stir quickly so it becomes sauce-like
Plate the fish and sauce and throw green onion and zest on top and pour sauce.
Yum yum... enjoy!