Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Basic Meatball

Guess what everyone? The UPS man delivered my Canon EOS 20D. Ironically, this model is older than my SD1000 haha. Oh well, for d-slr cameras, the quality depends on the user. I am still trying to learn about all the features and how to take good photos. I am excited as the time I got the Starcraft 2 Beta.

I decided to make meatballs with rice. Who would have thought that meatballs go with rice xD. I have to apologize for the picture quality because I am still trying to get the hang of taking pictures with my camera. It is a bit blurry because my hand is not use to balancing and holding my camera steady. I might also have to adjust the shutter speed or get a tripod.

The basic meatball consists of ground meat, breadcrumbs soaked in milk, cheese product, seasoning. I shall give you what I added to my meatballs.

Basic Meatball



Ingredients
1 lb Ground beef (lean)
2 large Eggs
1 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 Milk
1/2 cup Romano cheese
5 cloves Garlic
1 tbs Extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs Honey
1 tbs Rosemary
Salt and pepper

Preparations
1. Soak Panko crumbs in milk
2. Dice garlic and rosemary
3. Lightly beat the eggs
4. Throw all the ingredients together and mix well
5. Shape meatballs from the mixture of diameter 1 inch

Cooking
Method 1 (pan frying --> baking) Preheat oven 350F
1. Heat up oil in an ovenproof pan
2. Throw in meatballs and rotate meatballs occasionally until all sides are brown
(about 5 min)
3. Put skillet in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
4. Remove and serve with favorite sauce

Method 2 (braising with red wine)
1. Heat up oil in a pan and sear all sides of the meatballs
2. Pour in about 1/4 cup red wine, cover, and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes
3. Check if the meatballs are done.
4. Serve with favorite sauce

The sauce I served the meatballs with is a balsamic strawberry sauce. It is quite tangy and sweet and contrasts nicely with the meatballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment