Friday, February 19, 2010

Coconut Bechamel Sauce

It's Friday! It's coconut time! I don't know why Friday = coconut time, but I guess it is because Friday is when I dispose of all the stuff in my fridge that is about to go bad so I have to cook something out of it.

Coconut Bechamel Sauce

Ingredients
1/4 cup Butter
1/4 cup Flour
1/2 cup Coconut milk
1/4 cup Milk or more depending on how thick you want the sauce
1 tbs Curry powder
1 tsp Chili pepper
1 tsp Brown sugar
1 tsp Soy sauce
salt

Directions
1. Melt the butter in a sauce pan
2. Add the flour and mix well until roux is made
3. Add the coconut milk and milk until sauce like consistency
4. Add chili powder, soy sauce, brown sugar, and salt
5. Taste to see if more salt is needed

I served this sauce with asparagus. Tasted pretty interesting yet good.

No comments:

Post a Comment