Saturday, February 20, 2010

Peanut Sauce

I dug up some old peanut butter from who knows where and who knows when from my pantry. I decided to use it because it smelled and tasted fine. Since I had more leftover coconut milk, I made a peanut sauce to put with my "Thai" style tacos.

Ingredients
1/2 cup Coconut milk
1/4 cup Peanut butter
3 tbs Soy sauce
2 tbs Peanuts (chopped)
2 Garlic cloves
2 tsp Brown sugar
1 tsp Sesame oil
1 tsp Cayenne chili pepper powder
1 tsp Rice vinegar
1/2 Lime

Directions of nuttiness
1. Heat up oil of choice (I used chilli oil)
2. Add in peanut butter, soy sauce, lime, vinegar, sesame oil, and garlic
3. Mix around until becomes ketchup-like consistency (might need a bit more coconut milk if it is very thick or soy sauce)
4. Add in chili powder and brown sugar
5. Taste (it should have a sweet tartness taste to it with a smoky spiciness flavor)
Note: Not enough tart: add more lime, Not enough sweetness: add more sugar, Not spicy enough: add more chili powder
6. Add in chopped peanuts and serve with grilled chicken or just eat it straight (for the crazies people)

No comments:

Post a Comment