Thursday, February 4, 2010

Steak Reward for Hell Endured

Man I am very veyr tired ... I pulled off two all nighters in a row, and I do not know why I am still standing typing to the citizens of the internet. Anyways quite a long week, and I haven't really updated my blog with recipes, which will be added later as I perfect them.

As for today, I made a balsamic vinegar marinade with my steak. Turned our really nice.

Balsamic Vinegar Steak Marinade


Another crappy cell phone picture : (...

Ingredients
for beef massage

1 cup Balsamic Vinegar (enough to cover 1/4 of the sides of a steak when in a bowl)
1 tbs Soy Sauce
1 tbs Rice Wine
4 Fresh Basil Leaves (dry ones work too)
1 Shallot
1 tsp Butter
Salt and pepper

Directionals

1. Shred basil with your hands into tiny pieces
2. Add in all other ingredients into a bowl or marinade bag
3. Throw in big juicy rib-eye steak
4. Marinade in fridge for a day, or if you are in a hurry, an hour would be sufice.
5. Sear the steak 30 seconds on each side on high heat using oil of some sort (I use butter)
6. Place on a grill with sliced shallots and 1 tsp of butter until meat thermometer reads 135F
Alternatively use an oven to cook it for 375F for 8-10 minutes.

Serve with spinach salad tossed with honey mustard, onions, and tomatoes.
Eat with bread or rice. (I eat rice becasue rice is my everyday food xD)

No comments:

Post a Comment