Saturday, February 20, 2010

"Thai Tacos"

I saw that soft taco shells were on sale at Ralphs and thought it was a good buy. Unfortunately, when I got back home, I realized that I do not know what to make with the ingredients in my fridge with the tacos.

Then it hit me. Tacos are the Western version of fried rice. You can put anything in them and it tastes good.

I had some leftover chicken marinating from yesterday's dinner and decided to chop it up and use that for my protein. I had some bell peppers going to expire and a lovely half onion.

Let us start the combination of leftovers!
"Thai Tacos" (In quotes because I'm not too sure where they are from because I pulled this idea out of my head ... maybe I should call it Jon's weird imagination tacos)



Ingredients
6 Soft shell tacos
3 Coconut fried chicken breasts see note first before starting
1 cup Coconut rice
1/3 cup Peanut sauce
1 Green bell pepper
1 Red bell pepper
1/2 Brown onion


Prep the leftovers (yum!)
1. Thinly slice both the red and green bell peppers
2. Slice the onion
3. Create the ingredients above that have links (see note before starting)
Note: Cube the chicken into 1/2 inch - 1 inch cubes and marinate, then bread the chicken so when you fry it, the chicken turns into little nuggets (aw how cute!)

Cooking
1. Saute or roast the bell peppers and onions
(Wow! only one cooking instruction)

Assembling the taco (somewhat cooking instructions)
1. Heat a small pan and lightly cook the soft shell tacos
2. Spread the peanut sauce on the taco
3. Spoon some coconut rice in the center
4. Put the chicken and garnish with the bell pepper and onions
5. Enjoy with more peanut dipping sauce or Saracha hot sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment