Sunday, February 21, 2010

Red Wine Marinade for Steak

The weekend went by extremely fast! One day it's Friday, and after doing a couple of projects and lab reports, it is Sunday night. I did not even have time to relax or chill with friends because I have so much homework.

Well, I got to eat...

Today, I have made ribeye steak. This is a quick and easy recipe.

Red Wine Marinade for Steak
1/2 cup Red wine vinegar
1/8 cup Extra virgin olive oil
2 tbs Thyme powder
2 tbs Garlic powder
1 tsp Fennel seeds
Salt and pepper (on reserve)

Prep work
1. Grind or chop the fennel seeds
2. Throw all the ingredients together in a marinade bag or bowl
3. Pat the steak dry
4. Salt and pepper the steak
5. Preheat oven 425F

Instructions of zoom zoom
1. Throw steak in the marinade and marinate for about 3 hours or a day (I give it a day)
2. Heat up pan and sear both sides for 30-60 seconds
3. Toss steak in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes (medium rare for large ribeye steak)
Note: You can grill it too.

Now back to finishing up various homework and continuing my life as a college student. No picture today because I was extremely hungry and forgot to take a picture :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment