I had several quarts of coconut milk and a enough batches of asparagus to feed a million hungry engineers. As from the previous post and as maybe you can see, I am going Iron Chef using coconut milk in everything I cook today xD.
When I came back, I decided that I haven't made souffle in awhile, and I should add a twist to regular souffle making a coconut curry-like flavor with asparagus.
Let's get started :) !
Asparagus Souffle with Coconut
8 stalks Asparagus
1 cup Coconut Bechamel Sauce
3 Egg whites
2 Egg yolks
1 tsp Curry powder
1 tsp Soy sauce
1. Wash and peel asparagus (the thick barky parts)
2. Cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces and set tips aside
3. Make the coconut bechamel sauce you can find it here
4. Beat egg whites until the peaks form (good workout by hand)
5. Preheat the oven for 375F
Directions of deliciousness
1. Mix egg yolks, curry powder, soy sauce, and asparagus pieces (exclude the tips)
2. Salt the mix and add into the bechamel sauce
3. Fold the egg whites with the mixture
4. Put everything into ramekins
5. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes
Garnish the souffle with the tips.
Enjoy this wacky creation by me xD.