Monday, Mondays, Mundane...
It seems like every Monday is the same.
Go to work.
Go to class.
Go to sleep in class.
Go to more work.
Seems interesting eh?
Well, for a little more excitement, I decided to make some spinach and mushroom crepes because I haven't had crepes in awhile.
Spinach Mushroom Crepe
Ingredients for the batter
1/2 cup Milk
1/4 cup Half and half
3/4 cup All purpose flour
1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp Sugar
Pinch of salt
1. Beat half and half, milk, and eggs in a bowl
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together
3. Add liquid to the dry ingredients and mix well
4. Add olive oil and mix well.
5. Let the batter sit in the refrigerator for an hour or more.
Cooking Directions of non-stickiness
*Note: I use a stainless steel pan, and I have never gotten crepes stuck on it before.
Things to consider:
1. Heat the pan pretty hot
2. Add 1-2 tbs of oil
3. Use a paper towel to wipe the pan
4. Once the oil is hot, turn down the heat a little bit
5. Add a little bit of the batter and swirl around the batter
6. Heat up until the edges are slightly brown.
7. Use spatula or flick of the wrist to flip the crepe over
8. Cook for about 1 minute and flip over to plate
Ingredients for the filling
1 cup Spinach
1/2 cup Cremini mushrooms
1 tsp Garlic powder
Salt and pepper
1. Heat up 1 tsp of oil in the pan
2. Throw in mushrooms and spinach
3. Cook for 5 minutes
4. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder
5. Add filling to the crepe and fold anyway you want
Voila! It's not so hard is it?
Oh yea! If you are wondering about the sauce that I placed on top. Well, I whipped it up in less than five minutes. It is a white bean tomato sauce.
1/2 cup White kidney beans
1/2 cup White wine
1 Roma tomato
1 Garlic clove
Salt and pepper
1. Blend everything
2. Bring to a sauce pan and boil for 5 minutes until all the alcohol is gone or reduced into the sauce.