Sunday already? I find myself repeating that phrase in numerous posts. This means my resting time is over and time to start another productive week, full of homework, work, and projects.
I was looking in one of my cookbooks, and there was a recipe that used orange juice and wine to braise pork. I decided to do a slight variation on that and see how well it turns out.
Onto the experiment!
Braised Orange Pork
1 Pork loin (about 1 lb)
1/2 cup Fresh squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup White wine
1/4 cup Red wine
1 tbs White sugar
1 tsp rosemary
1 pinch Spanish saffron
Zest of one orange
Salt and pepper
1. Pat pork loin dry
2. Salt and pepper pork loin
3. Chop or grind rosemary into fine powder
1. Heat oil in a pan
2. Toss pork loin into the pan and brown sides on medium heat
3. Turn heat on medium-low and toss in white and red wines, rosemary, orange juice, sugar and saffron
4. Cover and braise for 40 minutes turning meat every 10 minutes
5. At the 30 minute mark, throw in zest and mix with braising material
6. Check for doneness using a meat thermometer. Should be at 150F
7. Slice and serve with braising liquid. (Salt and pepper liquid if necessary for taste test)
Well ... back to bridge designing ... yay! Fun stuff xD
It would be nice to see what you guys change to this dish because it is still not perfected yet.