Sunday, April 4, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

What a busy Saturday! Er.. semi-busy... I spent most of my morning sleeping until 12:00pm. Good thing I woke up before 3 because I had to go volunteer with Circle K at Turning Point Transitional House in Santa Monica. I definitely can't miss an event where I can cook for people. Food = happiness. I find that my favorite event because I like seeing people well fed and smile when they are eating. Well, there is also the satisfaction of people coming back for more food.

Now onto today's post ... chocolate chip cookies. This cookie is perhaps one of everyone's favorites, or I can hardly find a person that would refuse to eat one.

There are some technical data I must go over before I start the post.
Review this item:
Cream the butter
It's a quick read that won't even make engineers small asleep.

Another important fact! Have parchment paper ready or else you will get the dark marks around the cookie's edges. I got to admit it does add a bit of a crunch to it along with the softness.

Chocolate Chip Cookies



Ingredients
2 1/4 cups flour
1 cup Unsalted Butter
1 cup Mini chocolate chips
1 Egg
1 Egg yolk
1/2 cup White sugar
3/4 cup Brown sugar
1 tbs Vanilla extract
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt

Instructions of sir mix a lot
1. Cream butter and sugar
2. Add in wet ingredients
3. Mix for about 3 minutes until well incorporated
4. Add in rest of the ingredients and mix well
5. Heat oven for 325F
6. Line sheet tray with parchment paper
7. Roll out 1 inch diameter spheres
8. Space it evenly on the sheet tray
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes
10. Remove from the oven and cool


Man... I need to workout all these sweets that I've been consuming -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment