Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Poaching an Egg

How to Poach and Egg....

Apparently, poaching an egg looks easy. My friends and I were watching Julie and Julia, and there was a section about poaching an egg. One of my friends commented, "Fail! How can she mess up cooking an egg in water?" I told my friend to try it and tell me how hard it is. After a dozen eggs, he gave up because the water kept turning into egg drop soup.

There are easy steps to poaching an egg.
1. Add 1 tbs of vinegar to simmering water (point where water is starting to steam and only have little bubbles)
2. Crack egg into a bowl
3. Stir water until a funnel is sort of formed
4. Slide egg into the vortex of the funnel
5. Cover on low heat and cook for 3-5 minutes if you like runny.

Five easy steps that you probably won't mess up xD.

No comments:

Post a Comment