Creaming butter... What in the world is that? No, it does not mean making your own butter out of milk and working out those arms. It is aerating butter and making it into a cream-like texture by whipping the butter with full force.
Butter is one of the most important ingredients in baking, and most of the time, people do not handle the ingredient well. Properly creamed butter can hold together all the ingredients, while giving it an airy texture.
Properly creamed butter
Instructions of oily fun
1. Move butter out of the fridge and cut into 1 cm cubes.
2. Let butter sit until temperature reaches 65F to 70F for maximum efficiency of binding
3. In an electric mixer, whisk the butter at low speed and gradually increase speed after every 10 seconds.
4. Occasionally scrape bowl sides and remove butter from inside of the whisk.
5. Whip the butter for 3-5 minutes
6. Add in ingredients as instructed for baked product.
There you have it. Simple steps and instructions to improve your baked goods.