I'll let you keep guessing ...
No, I did not get an internship.
And no, I did not reach culinary awesomeness.
Well, completely unrelated to cooking or my eduction ... and more of my dorkiness, I have pre-ordered Starcraft II! The pre-ordered game also comes with a beta key. Ah ... the good ole days of playing Starcraft are coming back ^_^. (Though my ass is getting kicked very hard by extremely skilled players online)
Aside from that, it is Friday, and it is a day of rest. Tomorrow is the Los Angeles Festival of Books on campus, and as usual, I try to attend all the cooking demonstrations and ask annoying questions to the famous cookbook authors: "How would you cook a dog?". Just kidding xD. I am not that rude. Hopefully I can get to network with these famous people ^_^.
Onto today's topic, fennel, tomatoes, and tofu. What an odd combination. To tell you the truth, I have never used tofu and fennel in my life before. I was surprised it turned out well enough to post on my blog. Hajime! (Wait, I am not cooking Japanese food.) Let's Start!
Fennel and Tomato Tofu Noodles
1/2 lb Spaghetti noodles or any pasta of your choice
1 block Firm tofu (about enough to fill 1/2 cup)
2 Fennel bulbs
3 Roma tomatoes
1 tsp Fennel seeds
1 tsp Oregano
1/ 2 lime and its zest
1/2 cup White wine
1 tbs butter
Salt and pepper
Directionals of 1337 Micromanagement (Starcraft terms if you don't get what I am saying)
1. Julienne fennel
2. Dice tomatoes
3. Cube tofu into 1 cm cubes
4. Roughly chop fennel seeds
5. Boil water with salt for the pasta
Cooking up a zergling rush
1. Heat up olive oil and throw in fennel and tomatoes until browning occurs (3-5 minutes)
2. Throw in tofu, lime juice, and white wine and cook until white wine is 2/3 gone (3-5 minutes)
3. Throw in salt, pepper, fennel seeds, zest, oregano, and butter and stir for about 2-3 minutes
4. Turn off heat and strain pasta to place into the pan of fennel and other various items.
5. Mix around and drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top with parmesan cheese.
Well time to sleep ... Starcraft will ruin my life, so I must control myself -_-