ARG! I hate oversleeping! I missed a large section of the Festival of Books : (. I wanted to Ruth Reichl and Alice Silverstone. Oh well, I guess I have to finish my homework today in order to go to tomorrow's portion of Festival of books. Tomorrow, Alice Waters will be there ^_^.
Anyways, I was digging through the big cold box and was wondering what I should make with all my leftover vegetarian items. I decided to use up the asparagus and tofu. Now all I have left is spinach. I'll figure out what to do with that tomorrow.
Asparagus and Tofu with Miso Butter
5-6 stalks Asparagus
1/2 cup Firm tofu
1 tbs White miso
2 tbs Stock (vegetable, fish, or chicken)
2 tsp rice vinegar (no rice vinegar? you can also use juice of 1/2 a lime)
3 tbs Butter
Spoonful of Ginger (should fit on a spoon after you julienne them)
1. Peel stalky portion of the asparagus
2. Cube the tofu into 1 cm
3. Julienne the ginger
4. Boil water
1. Add asparagus to the boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes
2. Remove the asparagus and let it sit out on a strainer to dry
3. In a pan, add oil and cook the tofu until crispy on all sides (3-5 minutes on medium heat)
4. In a saucepan, add butter and melt
5. Add the ginger and miso and cook for 1 minute
6. Add vinegar and stock
7. Reduce until sauce-like consistency
8. Put tofu, asparagus, and sauce together.
Well... today is going to be quite a long day of studying.