Friday, May 7, 2010

Chinese Collard Greens

The weekend is finally here! What shall I be doing? It's pretty obvious. I shall be studying for my last midterm on thermodynamics. I wish I could apply the 1st law and mass conservations while I'm cooking, but that would take too much brain energy.

There will be a marathon of posts today due to my lack of posting this entire week. The first thing I shall post is Chinese collard greens. Why is it Chinese? I don't exactly know, but it has a few Chinese elements in this dish; I could not think of a better name. If you have a better name, just tell me. Thanks!

Chinese Collard Greens


Ingredients
6 leafy Collard greens
1/2 cup Chickpeas
2 tbs Broad black bean paste
2 Garlic cloves
1/2 small Yellow onion
1 tsp Five asian spice

Preparation of greeness
1. Wash and remove the leaves from the stems of the collard greens
2. Chop the collard greens into 1 inch squares or shred them into 1 cm strips
3. Dice the onion
4. Wash the chickpeas
5. Smash the garlic cloves with the knife and peel

Cooking
directionals
1. Add oil to a pan (about 1 tbs)
2. Add onion and garlic and cook for about 1 minute
3. Add collard greens and chickpeas and saute for about 1 minute
4. Throw in the bean paste and five Asian spices
5. Taste for flavoring.
Note: While cooking the collard greens, if no water is coming from the leaves, add about 1/4 cup of water when adding the collard greens to the pan

Well, time for a myriad of fun posts 1 down some more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment