Yummy! Pie is considered to be a favorite among many people. In addition, it is extremely versatile. It can be used to make apple pie, meat pie, quiche, etc and a whole lot of things where you can let your imagination run wild... well, not that wild ><. I shall share with you my very fast, quick, and easy pie dough that can be used immediately.
Basic Pie Dough (makes about 1 lb)
Time it takes: 5 minutes with getting all the ingredients together and making it
1 cup Flour (all purpose or whole wheat, I used whole wheat cause it is healthier)
1/2 cup Butter (freezing cold)
1/4 cup Water (freezing cold)
1 tsp salt
Directions that are needed to be followed carefully
1. Cut butter into 1 cm cubes
2. Put in a bowl and toss in the freezer for 10 minutes
3. Meanwhile, put flour and salt in a food processor
4. Pulse for 20 seconds to mix well
5. After 10 minutes, take the butter and place in the food processor
6. Pulse on high for 30-45 seconds or until mix resembles small peas.
7. Transfer mix to a bowl
8. Slowly add freezing cold water about 1 tbs at a time and mix with the flour mix (you should be able to use almost 1/4 cup of it)
Note: if the dough becomes very sticky, add a little more flour (1 tbs at a time) until it can be workable.
9. Once dough forms and is semi-firm, you can throw it in the fridge to cool or roll it out for whatever your needs are.