Friday, January 29, 2010

Sick >< ... Soup for dinner

I woke up with a really bad sore throat and have been eating pretty light today. It's a Friday. Yay! Though it doesn't feel like one because I have so much work to do. Time to research stuff for the concrete canoe!

I guess tonight I am going to make soup with some "healing properties" or just to make myself feel better.

Sorry peoples, no pictures today

Ingredients
1 Quart of chicken stock or broth (I get mine from Trader Joes)
1 Onion
4 carrots
1 chicken breast
4 Tbs ginger-garlic paste mix* (the cure all ingredient)
Thyme powder
Salt (enough to kill the bacteria xD)
Pepper
*Note: see Indian basics section for how to make this


Prepwork (rawr...better be quick)
1. Dice onion
2. Cut carrots to preferred size

Cooking
1. Heat up oil and throw in everything but the broth or stock
2. After the chicken is almost cooked, throw in the stock or broth
3. Boil and serve

This might have a little bit of sharp spicy taste from the ginger and garlic, but it is good for you. Hopefully whoever is also sick can also try this good for you soup.

Alternatively, you could buy a whole chicken, quarter it, and make soup out of the bones, but I'm too tired and sick to do that

No comments:

Post a Comment