During the past few summers, I have been in Taiwan doing various things from teaching English and working there as a slaving intern. While in Taiwan, no matter where I was, I always have the pleasure of getting a quick and cheap 100 NT (3 USD) cafeteria style lunch from various cafeteria style eateries. It is so filling and delicious. Also, every Chinese person should learn how to make this super easy and simple dish xD.
FYI: The picture is part of two dishes I am going to blog about in the next post. The top is egg and tomato. The bottom is eggplant with bean sauce.
Chinese Egg and Tomato (炒雞蛋和西紅柿)
4-5 Ripe tomatoes
5 Large eggs
2 tsp Soy sauce
1 tsp Sugar
Preparation of little lunch boxes
1. Dice tomatoes
2. Beat the eggs
1. Heat oil in a pan
2. Put eggs in the pan and scramble
3. Once eggs are almost cooked or almost all the eggy liquid is gone, scoot the egg off to the side to leave room on the pan for the tomatoes
4. Cook tomatoes for about 2-3 minutes until juices seep out
5. Mix with eggs with the tomatoes, add soy sauce and sugar and mix
6. Taste to see if needs more seasoning (salt or soy sauce)
Well that was simple enough!