For July 4th, there has to be sides for the BBQ. What is a BBQ without sides? It'll just be a giant meat fest that is unbalanced and super unhealthy for you (not saying that the sides are any healthier xD). I guess it'll be a balance of flavors.
Root Beer Baked Beans
6 slices Applewood-smoked bacon
2 1/2 cups Chopped onions
2 Garlic cloves
4 15 oz cans Cannellini (white kidney beans)
1 bottle Root beer (12 oz) or (1 1/2 cups) (I use Trader Joes brand)
3 tbs Rice vinegar
3 tbs Molasses
1 can Tomato paste
2 tbs Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp Chili powder
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven 400F.
2. Cook bacon in a large pot until crispy.
3. Remove bacon and add to paper towel to dry fat.
4. Add onions and cook until translucent.
5. Add garlic and cook for another 1 minute.
6. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
7. Chop the bacon and add to the pot.
8. Stir occasionally until boil.
9. Bake uncovered until it thickens.
Enjoy this with meaty goodness.