Friday, April 2, 2010

Pork Loin Braised in Milk

TGIF! Week 1 of spring quarter has been hectic! Just when I thought my winter courseload was heavy, my spring quarter is going to probably be my worst quarter. Even though it is week 1, my stress levels increased significantly that I can start seeing white hairs xD, not really though.

Good thing I have my food blog. Without it, I would not know how to relieve my stress. Thank you to all my readers, if there are any xD.

The dish for today is simple and light. As you may have guessed, it is just pork loin braised in milk. I used very few ingredients and spent little time preparing my ingredients. This dish is also called maiale al latte in Italian and comes from the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy

Pork Loin Braised in Milk



Ingredients
3 slices Boneless Pork Loin
1 1/2 cup Whole milk (2% works too)
1 tbs Butter
Olive oil
Salt and Pepper

Prep
1. Pat pork loin dry
2. Salt and pepper pork

Cooking
1. Heat olive oil in a pan
2. Brown all sides of the pork
3. Reduce heat and add in milk and butter
4. Allow milk to simmer on low heat
5. Cover and cook for 30 minutes, turning the meat occasionally and skimming off fat from the milk

Now that wasn't too hard was it?
Enjoy simplicity

No comments:

Post a Comment